We are currently overwhelmed with educational assessments, apologies we cannot offer this service at the moment.
We offer comprehensive educational assessments that identify the child’s unique learning profile. After gaining an understanding of the child’s particular strengths and weaknesses, recommendations are made that are aimed at supporting learning and development. The most common assessment tools used include the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV Australian), the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V Australian) and the Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT-II Australian).
We use iPad administration. Children appreciate this fun and modern approach to educational assessment.
What Sorts of Assessments are on Offer?
The tests of intelligence and ability that we used are recognised by schools for:
- Learning difficulty assessment
- Early entry recommendation
- Giftedness assessment
The assessments will:
- Identify the unique learning profile of children who are having difficulties at school
- Provide recommendations on specific interventions that will improve the child’s functioning in the classroom
- Provide advice on how the child’s learning can be supported at school and home
- Identify gifted children, so that appropriate educational planning and extension can be undertaken
An Educational Assessment includes:
- A meeting with the parents/caregivers
- Assessment time of between 2 and 5 hours, depending on the reason for the referral
- A written report
Giftedness and early entry assessments involve only IQ assessment, so involve one child assessment session, plus the report.
Contact with the school and an observation in the classroom when appropriate, with parental/caregiver consent, and a follow up meeting with parents/caregivers to explain results can be arranged.
Booking Educational Assessments at Rose Park Psychology
Stephanie McBeath offers educational assessments. You can access her profile by clicking on her name, where you will find more information about her training, experience and interests.
To book an appointment, or for more information, please feel free to contact us.