Kate Hollitt has over 15 years of experience practising as a psychologist. She is accredited as both a Clinical Psychologist and an Educational and Developmental Psychologist. She has a joyful and empathetic style that attunes with children and adults. She is intentional about building a therapeutic relationship based on joy, curiosity, empathy, and acceptance.
Kate offers connection and strategies to support people with life’s struggles, whether the struggle has a specific name or feels like being in a big black hole. Whatever the struggle, Kate works with the person to build on strengths and cultivate capacity for wholehearted living.
She has particular skills and experience in supporting parents, foster carers and families of children with developmental trauma, developmental delays and disability. Through exploring their experience of parenting, Kate supports parents to use their intuition and find approaches to support their child. Kate has supported children, parents, and families to cope with a wide range of struggles including childhood trauma, complex family relationships, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, behaviour challenges, and emotional and arousal regulation difficulties.
Kate also has particular interests in working with mothers, fathers and carers around emotional stress, trauma and grief around pregnancy, birth, and early parenting. She works in the field of child development, having extensive experience in working with parents and children with a disability. Click here for information about services for NDIS clients, and here for information about the parenting program she offers, which helps you tune into your child’s emotional needs and thus support their well-being.
Kate draws from a range of therapeutic approaches including:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Attachment therapies
- Circle of Security® Parenting Program
- Family therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Neurodevelopmental approaches
- Play and creative therapies
- Positive psychology
- Narrative therapy
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Masters of Psychology (Clinical) (University of South Australia)
- Bachelor of Arts (Flinders University)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Psychology (University of Canberra)
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsed to practice clinical psychology by the Psychology Board of Australia
- Endorsed to practice educational and developmental psychology by the Psychology Board of Australia
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists
- Circle of Security Parent Facilitator