Emily Shaw – Wellbeing & Education Consultant
Emily Shaw is the Well-Being and Education Consultant at Rose Park Psychology. She has more than twelve years of teaching experience in a wide range of school settings from Morgan Primary School in the South Australian Riverland to St Andrew’s Catholic Primary School in London, United Kingdom.
She has been a Years 3-5 Classroom Teacher at a variety of different schools around Adelaide: East Para Primary School (Para Hills), Pedare Christian College (Golden Grove), Seymour College (Glen Osmond) and St Andrew’s School (Walkerville). She was also the Middle Primary Coordinator and Teacher of Well-Being at St Andrew’s School (Walkerville).
Emily has both a Bachelor and Master in Education, a Bachelor of Psychological Science, First Class Honours in Psychology, and a Graduate Diploma in Counselling. She plans to become a Clinical Psychologist in the future.
Emily is a current Board Member for Life Education – South Australia, which aims to help all children to lead safe and healthy lives, by placing preventive education at the core of their work. She is also a university lecturer who teaches Childhood and Adolescent Development to both undergraduate and postgraduate education students.
Emily is approachable and caring, relating to her clients and children with both professionalism and respect. Her aim is to allow young people to reach their full potential, through offering support to children and guidance to their families and carers.
She runs well-being and education programs for children aged 5 to 15 years onsite at Rose Park Psychology. Further details are available via the following links:
- What’s the Buzz? social interaction program (ages 5 – 10)
- MindUP enrichment and mindfulness program (ages 11 – 15)
Emily is also available for one-on-one consultations with parents/caregivers and/or children in relation to educational matters. Please contact Rose Park Psychology at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 8333 0940 to make an appointment.
Areas of Work
- Social and Emotional Development
- Social Skills
- Emotional Regulation and Awareness
- Organisation and Time Management
- Getting Along with Others
- Building Friendships
- Parent/Caregiver Information Sessions
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Junior Primary and Primary Education
- Master of Education – Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (First Class Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Registered Teacher with the Teacher’s Registration Board of South Australia