David is a psychologist who truly believes that building rapport is one of the most fundamental parts of any therapeutic relationship. Explaining and ensuring the client understands their issues and why they are experiencing symptoms via psycho-education is also a key factor for therapy. He is dedicated to providing a bespoke, quality service that encompasses client input.
Dedicated to providing high quality work, his therapeutic technique encompasses an eclectic approach from treatment modalities like cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), mindfulness and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). He places an emphasis on client centred skills which also include relapse prevention. David works across the range of age groups from adolescence to late adulthood.
He provides evidence based treatment programs to treat:
- Anxiety disorders (including generalised anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, adjustment disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety & specific phobias)
- Stress management (including work related stress)
- Interpersonal issues
- Physical rehabilitation
- Sleep hygiene
David has worked in a multitude of roles including rehabilitation of traumatic and acquired brain injury, post-surgery rehabilitation, physical and occupational therapy. He completed his training at a gold-standard rehabilitation hospital in Adelaide and was well trained by some of the world’s best experts in their fields. He has completed qualifications in health sciences, clinical rehabilitation and psychology in Adelaide and Western Australia. David attempts to incorporate all his training, clinical knowledge and experience into his therapeutic practice. He teaches in the school of medicine at Flinders University. David has an interest in neurology and has majored in the field across all his studies. Coming from a clinical rehabilitation background, he is also well versed in the complexities people may experience with chronic illness, mostly with chronic respiratory issues, and has published some of his work.
In his spare time David enjoys time with his diverse friendship group. He is keen on staying fit and emphasizes a ‘health body, healthy mind’ approach. He not only enjoys learning about the human body but also encompasses this knowledge into his practice. He enjoys travelling to faraway places and equally sharing his experiences.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Flinders University, 2007)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Flinders University, 2010)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Murdoch University, 2011)
- Master of Clinical Rehabilitation (Flinders University, 2009)
- Registered psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia