Most people know what they should do, but for some reason are unable to follow through with their weight loss behaviours. This is common among people who are stressed, busy, or have abandoned their own goals to help others. Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness techniques have been established as an effective approach for long-term weight loss. You can use the program to overcome disordered eating and be able to follow the eating plan of your choice.
The program teaches you the thinking skills that you need to:
- Chose the eating plan for you
- Be assertive in achieving your goals
- Maintain motivation and address blocks to motivation
- How to monitor and managing eating habits
- Monitor your progress
- Prevent unplanned eating
- Tolerate hunger
- Make long term changes to your habits
And may involve:
- Understanding how your thinking patterns have been sabotaging your best efforts
- Learning how to think constructively
- Learning mindfulness skills
- Dealing with the issues that prevent you from taking control (e.g. too upset, too busy, too rushed, always meeting others needs)
- Dealing with other psychological problems that stand in your way
This program can be used to maintain an eating plan with the goal of putting on weight.
Anorexia and Bulimia
This program is not suitable as a treatment program for anorexia or bulimia. However, our psychologists also offer treatment programs for these disorders.