Most people know what they should do, but for some reason are unable to follow through with their weight loss behaviours. This is common amongst people who are stressed, busy, or have abandoned their own goals to help others. Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness techniques have been established as an effective approach for long-term weight loss. You can use the weight loss programs on offer at Rose Park Psychology to overcome disordered eating and be able to follow the eating plan of your choice.
Weight Loss Program
The program teaches you the thinking skills that you need to:
- Choose the right eating plan for you
- Be assertive in achieving your goals
- Maintain motivation and address blocks to motivation
- Monitor and manage eating habits
- Monitor your progress
- Prevent unplanned eating
- Tolerate hunger
- Make long-term changes to your habits
The Program May Involve:
- Understanding how your thinking patterns have been sabotaging your best efforts
- Learning how to think constructively
- Learning Mindfulness skills
- Dealing with the issues that prevent you from taking control (e.g. being too upset, too busy, too rushed, always meeting others needs)
- Dealing with other psychological problems that stand in your way
This program can be used to maintain an eating plan with the goal of putting on weight.
Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa
This program is not suitable as a treatment program for anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa. However, our psychologists also offer treatment programs for these disorders.
Psychologists Who Help with Weight Management:
We have five psychologists able to assist you with weight management. You may click on their names below to visit their profile and learn more about them: