Leticia completed a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology in 2007 and since then has had success in a wide range of areas. She has a warm and understanding manner towards her clients, and her calm approach is particularly helpful for clients who experience anxiety. She engages her clients in structured treatment programs that unwind anxiety in a gradual and manageable way. She encourages the use of evidence based therapies such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, and a range of other techniques to help people overcome the limitations they are facing. She aims to provide brief, effective therapy in a friendly environment.
With an insightful, experienced, and intelligent approach, Leticia helps clients overcome panic attacks, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Depression, and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to name a few. Leticia is highly motivated to assist clients in achieving their full potential, and instills confidence with her ability to understand. Leticia really listens, and believes in tailoring treatment programs to address individuals’ needs, personality and goals.
Leticia has worked as a Clinical Psychologist in London providing clinical psychology services across a wide range of settings with clients from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. She also worked in the Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) and Adult Complex Care Team as a Clinical Psychologist providing psychological assessment and treatment to clients with complex mental health presentations within a collaborative multidisciplinary team. When in Queensland, Leticia had experience in a private practice setting conducting clinical assessments and providing treatment interventions suitable for use with clients in a private practice setting.
Areas of Work
She has experience with a wide range of problems including:
- Anxiety Disorders including Panic Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Social Phobia, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Employee Assistance Program interventions
- Work-related stress
- Psychological assessment
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy (with CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Therapy
Leticia utilises evidence-based research to guide her methods of treatment.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Registered Psychologist in Australia (AHPRA-Endorsed Clinical Psychologist)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society Clinical College
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis