Carol is a qualified Clinical Psychologist, with a caring and gentle approach to working with people. Her manner is both understanding and honest. She enjoys working with adults and young people from a wide range of backgrounds who are having difficulties in their lives. She has a particular interest in helping those suffering from Depression, Anxiety, Chronic Pain, relationship difficulties, chronic fatigue, and eating disorders. She uses Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, and Mindfulness.
Carol has a particular interest in persistent or chronic health problems such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and nerve pain. Her approach is to help clients understand the condition and utilise strategies and therapies to increase quality of life.
She also has a passion in helping people with age-related issues. These may include mood problems such as Anxiety and Depression. She can also provide therapy to help with memory problems, personality change, and dementia, as well as supportive therapy to families who may have been affected by a member with dementia.
She also provides Behavioural Management (including Montessori techniques) and Spaced Retrieval to those with dementia. Spaced Retrieval is a memory training technique to help people with memory problems (such as in dementia) to learn new information. She has used these skills in providing training to Alzheimer’s SA in providing therapy to those with dementia.
Carol has also been approved to provide psychological services to veterans by the DVA.
She has done clinical work in both hospitals and with community teams. While in Scotland she worked with a community outreach/education project for young people with developmental disorders (such as autism). She has also done research investigating the way people think about ageing and how this affects the decisions they make.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Master of Science in Psychology (Clinical) (University of Adelaide)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours, First Class) in Psychology (Stirling University, Scotland)
- Credentialed Spaced Retrieval Provider and Trainer
- Certificate in Montessori-Based Dementia Care Planning
- Certificate in Managing Difficult Epilepsy
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychological Board of Australia
- Convenor of the Australian Psychological Society Psychology and Ageing Interest Group