Our child psychologists offer high quality psychological services for children with emotional, cognitive and behavioural problems, Our psychologists are warm and approachable. The child psychologists at Rose Park Psychology in Adelaide are clinical child psychologist Zoe Gulpers and registered psychologists Tina Charles and Stephanie McBeath. Zoe Gulpers sees adolescents.
We see children as private clients, through Medicare and NDIS.
Assessment & Therapy for Children and Adolescents
Approximately 1 in 5 children experience anxiety severe enough to interfere with their daily functioning and 1 in 4 teenagers will experience clinically significant symptoms of depression by the age of 18. A child psychologist focuses on the assessment and treatment of children and young people.
Our child psychologist designs individual programs based on the following principles:
- Providing the child and parent with an understanding of the child’s particular difficulties through psycho-education.
- Providing the child with coping strategies.
- Assisting the child to address unhelpful thoughts and behaviors that are contributing to his or her particular difficulties.
- Using strategies to help the younger child engage in treatment, such as illustrating important concepts through games and story telling.
We ask that the parent talk to the psychologist before bringing their child.
We involve parents and when possible involve them in the child’s therapy.
Difficulties that are most commonly treated in children include:
- Anxiety, Worries and Fears
- Separation anxiety
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Developmental delay
- Behavior Problems
- School Refusal
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Sleep problems
- Recovery from abuse
- Disobedience and defiance
Our parenting programs for young children have been successful because they are practical and easy to use. They aim to provide parents with skills that will encourage cooperation and positive relationships and aim to reduce arguing, yelling or smacking.
The programs focus on:
- Teaching effective ways to quickly manage difficult behaviors.
- Teaching skills that will encourage good behavior, independence and self-esteem.
- Strengthening relationships between parents and children.
- The programs are presented individually.
Parents of young children are encouraged to see child psychologist Stephanie McBeath for parenting skills
Several Psychologists have extensive interest and work history in this area. Follow our link for more information.